Wednesday 17 January 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tabaré Vázquez and Oswald Mbuyiseni Mtshali.
The Grapes of Wrath, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1940 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Tabaré Vázquez: Uruguayan physician and politician 39th President of Uruguay.
- Oswald Mbuyiseni Mtshali: South African poet (Fireflames).
- Tabare Vazquez: President of Uruguay.
- H Kipchoge "Kip" Keino: Kenya -- 1500m runner (1968, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kipchoge Keino: Kenyan runner.
- Nerses Tarmouni: Egyptian-Armenian patriarch (d. 2015).
- Richard Maloof: American musician, a tuba player in the Lawrence Welk orchestra on the maestro's hit TV show from 1967 to 1982.