Monday 15 January 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 15, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arlie Russell Hochschild and Anna Hazare.
The Grapes of Wrath, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1940 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Arlie Russell Hochschild: Educator.
- Anna Hazare: Indian social activist.
- Nicky Buchwald: Danish astrologer and author of astrological articles.
- Lance Holt: American noted family, the son of cowboy star Tim Holt, and grandson of cowboy star Tim Holt, Sr.