Sunday 21 January 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 21, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Nicklaus and Marquis of Tavistock.
The Grapes of Wrath, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1940 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Jack Nicklaus: American golfer who turned professional in 1962.
- Marquis of Tavistock: English large landowner / multi-millionaire.
- Jack Nicklaus in Columbus: Ohio, USA; golfer (Player of Year 1967, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1976).
- John McGinty: American captain Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2014).
- Foreign correspondents in the Netherlands under censorship