Friday 5 January 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 5, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dany Saval in Oakland and Michael O'Donoghue.
The Shop Around the Corner, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1940 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Michael O'Donoghue: American writer (Born 1940).
- Dany Saval in Oakland: California, USA; actress (Boeing Boeing, Moon Pilot).
- Michael O'Donoghue: American writer (d. 1994).
- Yuri Ershov: Russian mathematician.
- Sir Michael Rose: British military officer.
- Athol Guy: Australian singer-songwriter and bassist (The Seekers).
- FCC hears 1st transmission of FM radio with clear, static-free signal
- US Federal Communications Commission hears first transmission of FM radio with clear, static-free signal.
- Finnish offensive at Suomossalmi against Russia.