Monday 1 January 1940, NewYear’s Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clifford Olson and Jorge Risi.
The Shop Around the Corner, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1940 ?
- Clifford Olson: Canadian homicide perpetrator.
- Jorge Risi: Uruguayan musician, a violinist born to Italian parents.
- Jean-François Dehecq: French business leader, the vice president of the National Industry Council.
- Frank Langella: Actor.
- Donald McCaig: Novelist.
- Laszlo Sary: Composer.
- Richard Henry Orton: Composer.
- Peter Camejo: Businessman.
- Jack Kiefer in Columbia: Pennsylvania, USA; PGA golfer (1994 Ralphs Senior Classic).
- Jean Calbrix: French crime writer, and professor of mathematics at the University of Rouen.
- Dominique Grange: French singer, songwriter and political activist since the early 1960s.
- Frank Langella in Bayonne: New Jersey, USA; actor (Dracula, Diary of a Mad Housewife, Twelve Chairs).
- Spencer Johnson: Writer.
- Leonard Susskind: Physicist.
- Panuganti Lakshminarasimha Rao: Indian writer and essayist (Born 1865).