Wednesday 10 July 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 10, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sue Lyon and Roger Abbott.
Till the End of Time, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1946 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Sue Lyon: American model and actress from age 13.
- Roger Abbott: Canadian comedian, a member of the nationally beloved comedy and radio troupe, "The Royal Canadian Air Farce.
- Jacques Heuclin
- Bon Scott: Musician.
- Daniel Kunth: French astrophysician, member of the Paris Astrophysics Institute, he created "La Nuit des Etoiles" (Shooting stars Night) in 1991, which takes place each august in France.
- Sue Lyon in Davenport: Iowa, USA; actress (Lolita, Evel Knievel).
- Stuart Christie: Scottish anarchist writer and publisher best known for being arrested as an 18-year-old while carrying explosives to assassinate the Spanish dictator General Franco.
- Belgian government of Acker, resigns
- Hungarian hyperinflation sets a record with inflation of 348.46 percent per day, or prices doubling every eleven hours.