Tuesday 19 January 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 19, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alvy West .
Young Romance, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 January 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1915 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Alvy West: Brooklyn, New York -- Orchestra leader (Andy Williams Show).
- Thomas Herbst: German footballer and manager.
- 1st German Zeppelin attack over Great Britain, 4 die
- Neon Tube sign patented by George Claude.
- Georges Claude patents the neon discharge tube for use in advertising.
- World War I: German zeppelins bomb the towns of Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn in the United Kingdom killing more than 20, in the first major aerial bombardment of a civilian target.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're More Than the World to Me - George Wilton Ballard
- Roll Them Cotton Bales - Heidelberg Quintet