Tuesday 10 June 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wilbur J Cohen and John Edmunds.
The Battle of Gettysburg, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1913!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1913 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Wilbur J Cohen: first employee of US Social Security System, dies at age 73.
- John Edmunds: Composer.
- Tikhon Nikoleyevich Khrennikov: Composer.
- Van Carlyle Wilton-Davies: Archdeacon Emeritus (Oxford).
- Wilbur J: Cohen first employee of Social Security System.
- Thor Johnson Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin: conductor (Cincinnati Symphony 1958).
- Wilbur Cohen: American social scientist and federal civil servant.
- Jean D'Arcy: French director of national television programmes (1952-1959) and director of audiovisual resources of the United Nations (1961-1971).
- Tikhon Khrennikov: Russian pianist and composer (d. 2007).
- Benjamin Shapira: German-born Israeli biochemist, recipient of the Israel Prize (d. 1993).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Goodbye, Boys - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?