Wednesday 18 June 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvia Field Porter and Pierre Berès.
The Battle of Gettysburg, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1913!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1913 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Sylvia Field Porter: American economist and journalist (d. 1991).
- Pierre Berès: French bookseller and antiquarian book collector.
- Sylvia Porter: American writer and economist.
- Francesco Waldner: Italian astrologer, newspaper columnist and known through articles in astrological journals.
- Wilfred Bigelow: Canadian soldier and surgeon (d. 2005).
- Sammy Cahn: American pianist and composer (d. 1993)
- Françoise Loranger: Canadian playwright and producer (d. 1995)
- Robert Mondavi: American winemaker and philanthropist (d. 2008)
- The Arab Congress of 1913 opened, during which Arab nationalists met to discuss desired reforms under the Ottoman Empire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In My Harem - Walter Van Brunt
- Abide with Me - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?