Sunday 10 June 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 10, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thierry Metz and Rolandas Paksas.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Gunslinger, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Night To Remember by Walter Lord was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventure Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1956 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Thierry Metz: French laborer, a manual worker without educational qualifications or diplomas, Metz was the author of a book that had a huge success, "Journal d’un Manoeuvre," 1990.
- Jay Alan Sekulow: Lawyer.
- Rolandas Paksas: Lithuanian President, the first European head of state who lost his post via impeachment in the Parliament on April 6, 2004.
- Laimutė Baikauskaitė: Lithuanian runner.
- Borwin : Duke of Mecklenburg, head of the House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
- 16th modern Olympiad equestrian events open in Stockholm
- Marlene Bauer Hagge wins LPGA Triangle Round Robin Golf Tournament
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?