Tuesday 10 April 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 10, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vera Misevich and Judy Burnett.
The Horn Blows at Midnight, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1945 ?
- Vera Misevich: USSR -- Equestrian dressage (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Judy Burnett: American astrologer, married once, two children.
- Tom Maimoni: American engineer formerly with Parker Brothers Toy Company, stationed in Salem, Massachusetts, a veteran of four marriages and divorces.
- Allies liberate 1st Nazi concentration camp, Buchenwald (Czech)
- US troops liberate Nazi concentration camp at Buchenwald, Germany
- William Schuman and Antony Tudors ballet premieres in New York City
- Canadian troops conquer Deventer.
- General Blaskowitz becomes German leader of "Fort Holland".
- German troops attack Ijsselbrug.
- Visoko is liberated by the 7th, 9th and 17th Krajina Brigades from the Tenth Division of Yugoslav Partisan forces.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra