Wednesday 11 April 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique-Antoine Grisoni and Jacques Perot.
The Horn Blows at Midnight, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1945 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Dominique-Antoine Grisoni: French philosopher, author, editor, journalist and critic.
- Jacques Perot: French historian and curator.
- John Krebs: Baron Krebs English zoologist and academic.
- Kamiel van Baelen: Flemish resistance fighter (in Dachau), dies at age 29.
- Allied troops liberate Basket-Compascuum
- US soldiers liberate Nazi concentration camp Buchenwald
- SS burns and shoots 1,100 people at Gardelegen.
- US captures Tsugen Shima.
- US troops conquers Mnlheim, Oberhausen, Bochum, Unna, Essen.
- American forces liberate the Buchenwald concentration camp.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra