Wednesday 11 April 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 11, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique-Antoine Grisoni and Jacques Perot.
The Horn Blows at Midnight, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1945 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Dominique-Antoine Grisoni: French philosopher, author, editor, journalist and critic.
- Jacques Perot: French historian and curator.
- John Krebs: Baron Krebs English zoologist and academic.
- Kamiel van Baelen: Flemish resistance fighter (in Dachau), dies at age 29.
- Allied troops liberate Basket-Compascuum
- US soldiers liberate Nazi concentration camp Buchenwald
- SS burns and shoots 1,100 people at Gardelegen.
- US captures Tsugen Shima.
- US troops conquers Mnlheim, Oberhausen, Bochum, Unna, Essen.
- American forces liberate the Buchenwald concentration camp.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra