Monday 9 April 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 9, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gus Hardin [Carol Ann Blankenship] in Tulsa and Petter Sundt.
The Horn Blows at Midnight, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1945 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Gus Hardin [Carol Ann Blankenship] in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; country singer.
- Petter Sundt: Norwegian shipowner and businessman.
- Steve Gadd: American drummer (Stuff Steps Ahead and Sunlightsquare).
- Peter Gammons: American sports journalist.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer: German clergyman, theological scholar, writer and member of the resistance movement against the Nazi regime during World War II.
- Hans Oster: German General, member of the German Resistance (Born 1887).
- Hans von Dohnanyi: German jurist, member of the German Resistance (Born 1902).
- Georg Elser: failed assassin of Hitler (Born 1903).
- Karl Sack: German jurist, member of the German Resistance (Born 1896).
- Wilhelm Canaris: German military Admiral; involved in the assassination attempt against Hitler on 7/20/1944.
- Battleship Admiral Scheer sinks British aircraft carrier
- NFL requires players to wear long stockings.
- The U.S. Atomic Energy Commission is formed.
- Liberty ship at Bari, Italy, carrying aerial bombs, explodes, kills 360.
- World War II: The German pocket battleship Admiral Scheer is sunk.
- The United States Atomic Energy Commission is formed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra