Monday 9 April 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gus Hardin [Carol Ann Blankenship] in Tulsa and Petter Sundt.
The Horn Blows at Midnight, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1945 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Gus Hardin [Carol Ann Blankenship] in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; country singer.
- Petter Sundt: Norwegian shipowner and businessman.
- Steve Gadd: American drummer (Stuff Steps Ahead and Sunlightsquare).
- Peter Gammons: American sports journalist.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer: German clergyman, theological scholar, writer and member of the resistance movement against the Nazi regime during World War II.
- Hans Oster: German General, member of the German Resistance (Born 1887).
- Hans von Dohnanyi: German jurist, member of the German Resistance (Born 1902).
- Georg Elser: failed assassin of Hitler (Born 1903).
- Karl Sack: German jurist, member of the German Resistance (Born 1896).
- Wilhelm Canaris: German military Admiral; involved in the assassination attempt against Hitler on 7/20/1944.
- Battleship Admiral Scheer sinks British aircraft carrier
- NFL requires players to wear long stockings.
- The U.S. Atomic Energy Commission is formed.
- Liberty ship at Bari, Italy, carrying aerial bombs, explodes, kills 360.
- World War II: The German pocket battleship Admiral Scheer is sunk.
- The United States Atomic Energy Commission is formed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra