Monday 16 April 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 16, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Denisot and Hummie van der Tonnekreek.
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1945 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Michel Denisot: French journalist, producer, TV host and director of a football club and television.
- Hummie van der Tonnekreek
- Hummie Tonnekreek: Dutch editor-in-chief of a gossip magazine in the Netherlands.
- Stefan Grossman in New York City: New York, USA; country blues singer ("Yazoo Basin Boogie").
- Sebastian Barker: English poet and journalist (d. 2014).
- Tom Allen: American lawyer and politician.
- Goran Antunac: in Yugoslavia; International Chess Master (1975).
- Red Army begins Battle of Berlin
- US troops enter Nuremberg, Germany, during WWII
- German troops in Groningen surrender.
- The United States Army liberates Nazi Sonderlager (high security) prisoner-of-war camp Oflag IV-C (better known as Colditz).
- The Red Army begins the final assault on German forces around Berlin, with nearly one million troops fighting in the Battle of the Seelow Heights.
- More than 7,000 die when the German refugee ship Goya is sunk by a Soviet submarine torpedo.
- April 16 ndash WWII: The Canadians take Harlingen, and occupies Leeuwarden and Groningen