Friday 20 April 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Winston in London and Michael Brandon.
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The White Tower by James Ramsey Ullman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1945 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Jimmy Winston in London: England; organist (Small Facres - "Itchycoo Park").
- Michael Brandon: American actor on stage, film and television, he played the title role in "Jerry Springer - The Opera.
- John Cahill: American Senior Xerox Executive, killed on 9/11/2001 when a hijacked plane hit the World Trade Center, New York.
- Georges Ugeux: Belgian/ American banker.
- Alistair Cooke: Baron Lexden English historian and author.
- Bobby Jameson: American singer-songwriter (d. 2015)
- Judith O'Dea: American actress
- Thein Sein: Burmese general and politician 8th President of Burma
- Steve Spurrier: American football player and coach
- Naftali Temu: Kenyan runner (d. 2003)
- Erwin Bumke: Polish-German lawyer and jurist (d. 1945).
- Soviet troops enter Berlin, Germany.
- US forces conquer Motobu peninsula on Okinawa.
- US 7th Army and Allied forces capture Nuremberg and Stuttgart in Germany.
- Cleveland Browns' organization formed by Arthur "Mickey" McBride.
- German occupiers flood Beemster and Fencer.
- World War II: Fuehrerbunker: Adolf Hitler makes his last trip to the surface to award Iron Crosses to boy soldiers of the Hitler Youth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?