Friday 20 April 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 20, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Brandon and Jimmy Winston in London.
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1945 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Michael Brandon: American actor on stage, film and television, he played the title role in "Jerry Springer - The Opera.
- Jimmy Winston in London: England; organist (Small Facres - "Itchycoo Park").
- John Cahill: American Senior Xerox Executive, killed on 9/11/2001 when a hijacked plane hit the World Trade Center, New York.
- Georges Ugeux: Belgian/ American banker.
- Alistair Cooke: Baron Lexden English historian and author.
- Larry Gagosian: Businessman.
- Judith O'Dea: American actress.
- Thein Sein: Burmese general and politician 8th President of Burma.
- Steve Spurrier: American football player and coach.
- Naftali Temu: Kenyan runner (d. 2003).
- Bobby Jameson: American singer-songwriter (d. 2015).
- Erwin Bumke: Polish-German lawyer and jurist (d. 1945).
- Soviet troops enter Berlin, Germany.
- US forces conquer Motobu peninsula on Okinawa.
- US 7th Army and Allied forces capture Nuremberg and Stuttgart in Germany.
- Cleveland Browns' organization formed by Arthur "Mickey" McBride.
- German occupiers flood Beemster and Fencer.
- World War II: Fuehrerbunker: Adolf Hitler makes his last trip to the surface to award Iron Crosses to boy soldiers of the Hitler Youth.