Thursday 11 December 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Kirk and Tommy Rettig.
Remember the Day, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1941 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Tommy Rettig: Actor.
- Tommy Kirk: Actor.
- Fionnula Flanagan: Actress.
- J P Parise: Canadian ice hockey player.
- J Frank Wilson: American singer ( and the Cavaliers) (d. 1991).
- Jean-Claude Boulet: Chamb?ry EXecutives.
- Max Baucus: American lawyer politician and diplomat 11th United States Ambassador to China.
- J Parisé: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager (d. 2015).
- Rogier van Otterloo: Dutch composer/conductor, dies at age 46.
- J Wilson: American singer-songwriter (J.
- Germany and Italy declare war on US
- Giants acquire Johnny Mize from Cards for 3 players and $50,000
- Japanese occupy Guam
- World War II: Germany and Italy declare war on the United States, following the Americans' declaration of war on Japan in the wake of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The United States, in turn, declares war on Germany and Italy.