Sunday 22 December 1940US date format: 12/22/1940, UK date format: 22/12/1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 22, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Francisco Cuellar and George Brejack.
Kitty Foyle, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Luis Francisco Cuellar: Colombian politician (d. 2009).
- George Brejack: American psychic, a law enforcement...
- Luis Cuéllar: Colombian rancher and politician (d....
- Mike Molloy: English journalist author and...
- Nathanael West [Weinstein]: American writer (Cool Million), dies at...
- World War II: Himare is captured by the Greek army.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra