Sunday 22 December 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Francisco Cuellar and George Brejack.
Night Train to Munich, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Stars on the Sea by F. van Wyck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Luis Francisco Cuellar: Colombian politician (d. 2009).
- George Brejack: American psychic, a law enforcement detective employed by the Major Crimes Unit for the Passaic County Prosecutor in New Jersey.
- Luis Cuéllar: Colombian rancher and politician (d. 2009).
- Mike Molloy: English journalist author and illustrator.
- Nathanael West [Weinstein]: American writer (Cool Million), dies at age 37.
- World War II: Himare is captured by the Greek army.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?