Monday 11 January 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Blair Mayne and Violette Nozière.
A Fool There Was, directed by Frank Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Michael O'Halloran by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1915 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Robert Blair Mayne: British soldier (d. 1955).
- Violette Nozière: French homicide.
- Luise Krüger: German javelin thrower (d. 2001).
- Paddy Mayne: British colonel and lawyer (d. 1955).
- Colonel Jacob Ruppert and Colonel Tillinghast Huston purchase New York Yankees for $460,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?