Wednesday 27 January 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernst Schröder (actor) and Ernst Schröder.
The Italian, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1915 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Ernst Schröder (actor)
- Jack Brymer: clarinettist.
- Ernst Schröder: German stage,film, and television actor, and stage director.
- Ernst Schroder: German mathematician (Born 1841).
- Jules Archer: American historian and author (d. 2008).
- Jacques Hnizdovsky: Ukrainian-born American painter and book illustrator (Born 1915).
- US Marines occupy Haiti.
- Military casualties begin arriving at the Hôpital Temporaire d'Arc-en-Barrois, established earlier in the month.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chinatown, My Chinatown - Grace Kerns & John Barnes Wells
- Poor Pauline - Arthur Fields
- He's a Rag Picker - Peerless Quartet