Wednesday 27 January 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Brymer and Ernst Schröder.
The Goose Girl, directed by Frederick Thomson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Jaffery by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1915 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Jack Brymer: clarinettist.
- Ernst Schröder: German stage,film, and television actor, and stage director.
- Ernst Schroder: German mathematician (Born 1841).
- Jules Archer: American historian and author (d. 2008).
- Jacques Hnizdovsky: Ukrainian-born American painter and book illustrator (Born 1915).
- US Marines occupy Haiti.
- Military casualties begin arriving at the Hôpital Temporaire d'Arc-en-Barrois, established earlier in the month.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Roll Them Cotton Bales - Heidelberg Quintet
- You're More Than the World to Me - George Wilton Ballard
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?