Saturday 9 January 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fernando Lamas and Anita Louise New York City.
A Fool There Was, directed by Frank Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Pollyanna Grows Up by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1915 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Fernando Lamas: Argentinian-American actor singer and director (d. 1982).
- Anita Louise New York City: New York, actress (My Friend Flicka).
- Jacqueline Dufranne: French screen and stage actress, who died on 16 March 2011 in Paris.
- Herbert Huncke: American writer.
- Hans Ruhle: Germany Military man.
- Pierre Devie: Castres Military man.
- Anita Louise: Actress (Gorilla, Anthony Adverse), dies at about 55.
- Exposition (now Civic) Auditorium dedicated, San Francisco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?