Saturday 9 January 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fernando Lamas and Jacqueline Dufranne.
The Three Brothers, directed by Christy Cabanne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1915 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Fernando Lamas: Argentinian-American actor singer and director (d. 1982).
- Jacqueline Dufranne: French screen and stage actress, who died on 16 March 2011 in Paris.
- Herbert Huncke: American writer.
- Anita Louise New York City: New York, actress (My Friend Flicka).
- Pierre Devie: Castres Military man.
- Anita Louise: Actress (Gorilla, Anthony Adverse), dies at about 55.
- Hans Ruhle: Germany Military man.
- Exposition (now Civic) Auditorium dedicated, San Francisco.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour