Monday 18 January 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Bésus and Roger Besus.
The Goose Girl, directed by Frederick Thomson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1915 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Roger Bésus: French writer and sculptor.
- Roger Besus: France Writer.
- Syl Apps: Canadian pole vaulter ice hockey player and politician (d. 1998).
- Santiago Carrillo: Spanish soldier and politician (d. 2012).
- Vassilis Tsitsanis: Greek singer-songwriter and bouzouki player (d. 1984).
- Train crashes at Colima-Guadalajara Mexico, about 600 die.
- Japan issues the ''Twenty-One Demands'' to the Republic of China in a bid to increase its power in East Asia.
- Georges Claude patents the neon discharge tube for use in advertising.
- German zeppelins bomb the cities of Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn in the United Kingdom for the first time, killing more than 20.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 January 1915
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Want to Go Back to Michigan (Down On the Farm) - Morton Harvey
- If That's Your Idea of a Wonderful Time (Take Me Home) - Ada Jones
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?