Monday 18 January 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 18, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Bésus and Fernand Bonnevie.
Young Romance, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 January 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1915 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Roger Bésus: French writer and sculptor.
- Fernand Bonnevie
- Roger Besus: France Writer.
- Syl Apps: Canadian pole vaulter ice hockey player and politician (d. 1998).
- Santiago Carrillo: Spanish soldier and politician (d. 2012).
- Vassilis Tsitsanis: Greek singer-songwriter and bouzouki player (d. 1984).
- Train crashes at Colima-Guadalajara Mexico, about 600 die.
- Japan issues the ''Twenty-One Demands'' to the Republic of China in a bid to increase its power in East Asia.
- Georges Claude patents the neon discharge tube for use in advertising.
- German zeppelins bomb the cities of Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn in the United Kingdom for the first time, killing more than 20.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're More Than the World to Me - George Wilton Ballard
- Roll Them Cotton Bales - Heidelberg Quintet