Sunday 31 January 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Merton and Bobby Hackett.
The Goose Girl, directed by Frederick Thomson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Michael O'Halloran by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1915 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Thomas Merton: French-American writer, poet, monk, mystic and social critic who inspired and touched many 20th century minds and hearts.
- Bobby Hackett: American trumpet player and cornet player (d. 1976).
- John Profumo: president (Toynbee Hall).
- William Crosbie: artist.
- Alan Lomax: American historian author and scholar (d. 2002).
- Garry Moore: American comedian and game show host (d. 1993).
- 1st (German) poison gas attack, against Russians
- WWI: Germany's first large-scale use of poison gas as a weapon occurs when 18,000 artillery shells containing liquid xylyl bromide tear gas are fired on the Imperial Russian Army on the Rawka River west of Warsaw during the Battle of Bolimov however, freezing temperatures prevent it being effective.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- He's a Rag Picker - Peerless Quartet
- Chinatown, My Chinatown - Grace Kerns & John Barnes Wells
- Poor Pauline - Arthur Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?