Sunday 24 January 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Motherwell and Robert B Motherwell.
The Goose Girl, directed by Frederick Thomson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1915 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Robert Motherwell: American artist and writer, the dominant painter in Abstract Expressionism in the latter half of the twentieth century and one of its leading spokesmen.
- Robert B Motherwell: United States -- Painter (Elegies to the Spanish Republic).
- Vitezslava Kapralova: composer.
- Mark Goodson: American radio and television producer who helped develop many successful radio and television game shows, including the early television game show "What's My Line?" 1950-67.
- Vítězslava Kaprálová: Czech composer and conductor, the daughter of composer Václav Kaprál and singer Viktorie Kaprálová.
- Benjamin Nunez: Costa Rican priest, politician, university professor and diplomat, of great influence in his country during the second half of the twentieth century.
- Pierre Louf: Nieppe Military man.
- German-British sea battle at Doggersbank and Helgoland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're More Than the World to Me - George Wilton Ballard
- Roll Them Cotton Bales - Heidelberg Quintet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?