Thursday 11 July 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrice Caratini and Cuthbert Johnson.
Till the End of Time, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1946 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Patrice Caratini: French double bass player, jazz composer and conductor.
- Cuthbert Johnson: Benedictine abbot.
- Dick Cunningham: American athlete, a pro basketball player, he was drafted into the National Basketball Association by the Milwaukee Bucks in 1968.
- Edward J Markey: (Rep-D-Massachusetts, 1976- ).
- Beverly Todd: Ohio, United States -- Actress (Roots, Having Babies, Redd Foxx Show).
- Kingman Douglass, ends term as Deputy Director of CIA