Wednesday 11 June 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Todd and Frank Price.
Hearts and Flowers, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 June 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1919 ?
- Richard Todd: Ireland -- Actor (Dorian Gray, Assassin Yangtse Incident).
- Frank Price: American military, he rose to the rank of Vice Admiral in the US Navy in 1972.
- Suleiman Mousa: Jordanian historian and author (d. 2008).
- Helen Tobias-Duesberg: Estonian-American pianist and composer (d. 2010).
- 23rd US Golf Open: Walter Hagen shoots a 301 at Brae Burn Country Club - Massachusetts
- 51st Belmont: J Loftus aboard Sir Barton wins in 2:17.6 and Trip Crown
- Sir Barton wins the Belmont Stakes, becoming the first horse to win the Triple Crown.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When the Boys Come Home - Louis Gravieure
- The St. Louis Blues - Al Bernard
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - Sterling Trio
- Smile and the World Smiles with You - Lewis James & Peerless Quartet