Wednesday 11 June 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Price and Suleiman Mousa.
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1919 ?
- Frank Price: American military, he rose to the rank of Vice Admiral in the US Navy in 1972.
- Suleiman Mousa: Jordanian historian and author (d. 2008).
- Helen Tobias-Duesberg: Estonian-American pianist and composer (d. 2010).
- Richard Todd: Ireland -- Actor (Dorian Gray, Assassin Yangtse Incident).
- 23rd US Golf Open: Walter Hagen shoots a 301 at Brae Burn Country Club - Massachusetts
- 51st Belmont: J Loftus aboard Sir Barton wins in 2:17.6 and Trip Crown
- Sir Barton wins the Belmont Stakes, becoming the first horse to win the Triple Crown.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Samson Et Dalila - Je Viens Celebrer La Victoire (I Come to Celebrate Victory) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?