Sunday 11 July 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Wymark and Fred Gwynne.
A Sea Dog's Tale, directed by Del Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1926 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Fred Gwynne: Actor.
- Patrick Wymark: Cleethorpes, England -- Actor (Skull, Tomb of Ligeia).
- Ralph D Abernathy: United States -- President (SCLC).
- Rodolfo Arizaga: Composer.
- Frederick Buechner: American minister theologian and author.
- Gertrude M L Bell: British archaeologist (Desert & Sown), dies at 57.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mary Lou - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Sugar - Ethel Waters
- There's a Blue Ridge in My Heart, Virginia - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra