Monday 11 April 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 11, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Jesus Of Nazareth by Joseph Ratzinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben 10: Galactic Racing or Chaos Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 11 April 2011 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 April
- La Esterella: Flemish singer (Born 1919).
- 2011 Minsk Metro bombing
- Uganda's opposition leader Kizza Besigye is arrested after calling for a protest against recent fuel price increases. (BBC)
- Former Ivorian President Laurent Gbagbo is arrested in his home in Abidjan by supporters of elected President Alassane Ouattara with support from French forces thereby ending the 2010–2011 Ivorian crisis and civil war.
- 2011 Syrian protests
- Students take part in a demonstration at Damascus University to express solidarity with protesters killed in the unrest. (Press TV)
- Student killed after Syria forces attack protest in Damascus University. (''Haaretz'')
- 2011 Egyptian revolution:
- Demonstrators remain in Tahrir Square calling for the acceleration of reforms. (Reuters)
- The Prime Minister of Egypt Essam Sharaf apologises for violence against the protesters in Tahrir Square and calls for a judicial investigation. (Al-Jazeera)
- At least 11 people are killed and dozens are injured in the blast at Oktyabrskaya metro station in Minsk. (Reuters via Yahoo News)
- 2010-2011 Ivorian crisis/Second Ivorian Civil War:
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Libyan rebels reject an African Union peace plan because it does not include the removal of Gaddafi from Libya. (Reuters)
- Fighting between rebels and government forces kill 27 people in the Central African Republic. (AFP via Google News)
- The French law banning the burqa and niqab comes into effect. (BBC)
- Mexican businessman Carlos Slim is again the richest man in the world according to the Forbes list of billionaires. (BBC)
- Intel announces (former codename ampquotOak Trailampquot) Atom processor will be in devices beginning in May, especially designed for netbook and tablet devices. (Intel Release).
- Highland Capital has brought an adversary proceeding within the U.S. bankruptcy court, New York, in regard to the Lyondell reorganization, against the securities unit of UBS AG for third-party inferenece with a contract between Highland and Lyondell. (BusinessWeek)
- Over 14,000 people are still missing in Japan, a month after the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (Kyodo News)
- The President of the Tokyo Electric Power Co. visits the government offices of Fukushima Prefecture and the command centre for the Fukushima I nuclear accidents to apologise. (CNN)
- Japan is hit by a magnitude 6.6 aftershock one month after the main earthquake, knocking out power to Fukushima I for nearly an hour. (''Washington Post'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 April 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Hertha : 0 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Zaragoza - Getafe : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Tours - Ajaccio : 2 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Liverpool - Man City : 3 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Down On Me - Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Where You At - Jennifer Hudson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Padrino - Joan Sebastian
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Country Song - Seether
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.35
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.87
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $85.00
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.71
- 1 CHF = 7.2091 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8365 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9477 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.862 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?