Sunday 11 May 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M J Hamlin and Stanley L Elkin in Brooklyn.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1930 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- M J Hamlin: Principal / Vice-Chancellor (Dundee University).
- Stanley L Elkin in Brooklyn: New York, USA; writer/professor (The Living End).
- Bud Ekins: American stuntman (d. 2007).
- Edsger Dijkstra: Dutch computer scientist and academic co-developed THE multiprogramming system (d. 2002).
- Stanley Elkin: American novelist short story writer and essayist (d. 1995).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 May 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?