Thursday 12 June 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George H W Bush and George Herbert Walker Bush.
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1924!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 June 1924 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- George H W Bush: 41st President of the United States.
- George Herbert Walker Bush: Massachusetts, United States -- 43 VP (1981-89) 41st President (R, 1989-93).
- George Bush: American politician who served as the President of the United States from 1989-1993.
- Ivan Massar: American photographer, a freelance photojournalist and industrial photographer.
- Grete Dollitz: German-American guitarist and radio host (d. 2013).
- Rondout Heist: Six men of the Egan's Rats gang rob a mail train in Rondout, Illinois the robbery is later found to have been an inside job.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Days of Yesterday - Elliott Shaw
- California, Here I Come - Georgie Price
- Nobody's Sweetheart - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?