Monday 12 July 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tiberio Mitri and Frederick Buechner.
Mantrap, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1926 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Tiberio Mitri: Italian boxer, a dramatic and exciting grand champion.
- Frederick Buechner: Clergyman.
- Beah Richards: Vicksburg, Mississippi -- Actress / playwright (Big Shot, Generation).
- Al Grassby: Australian journalist and politician, born of Spanish-Irish parents in Brisbane and educated at a dozen schools around the world and the U. of South West England.
- Charles Wood: English playwright and screenwriter.
- Guomindangleger draws against warlord Wu Peifu
- Paavo Nurmi walks world record 4x1500m (16:26.2)
- A lightning strike destroys an ammunition depot in Dover, New Jersey.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Reaching for the Moon - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Louis Armstrong - Muskrat Ramble