Monday 12 July 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Beah Richards and Al Grassby.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1926 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Beah Richards: Vicksburg, Mississippi -- Actress / playwright (Big Shot, Generation).
- Al Grassby: Australian journalist and politician, born of Spanish-Irish parents in Brisbane and educated at a dozen schools around the world and the U. of South West England.
- Tiberio Mitri: Italian boxer, a dramatic and exciting grand champion.
- Charles Wood: English playwright and screenwriter.
- Guomindangleger draws against warlord Wu Peifu
- Paavo Nurmi walks world record 4x1500m (16:26.2)
- A lightning strike destroys an ammunition depot in Dover, New Jersey.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 July 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mary Lou - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- There's a Blue Ridge in My Heart, Virginia - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Sugar - Ethel Waters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?