Monday 19 July 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Max Sordam and Sue Thompson [Eva Sue Mckee].
Mantrap, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1926 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Max Sordam: Suriname -- Warden / writer (Dictionary Sranantongo).
- Sue Thompson [Eva Sue Mckee]: Rocker.
- Helen Gallagher in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Ryan's Hope, Strangers When We Meet).
- Helen Gallagher: American actress singer and dancer.
- 2nd French government of Herriot, forms
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Louis Armstrong - Muskrat Ramble
- Reaching for the Moon - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?