Saturday 3 July 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Drai and Joseph M Gaydos.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1926 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Pierre Drai: French magistrate who died on 18 April 2013.
- Joseph M Gaydos: (Rep-D-Pennsylvania, 1969- ).
- Robert Gouiran: French astrologer, author of the book "L'astrologie des trajectoires de vie" (1998).
- Johnny Coles: American trumpet player (d. 1997).
- A Caudron C-61 aircraft operated by Compagnie Internationale de Navigation Aérienne crashes in Czechoslovakia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jean Goldkette & His Orchestra - Sorry and Blue
- I've Found a New Baby - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?