Monday 26 July 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert L Leggett and James Best in Corydon.
The Bells, directed by James Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 July 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1926 ?
- Robert L Leggett
- Barbara Jefford: Actress (Saint, Reunion, Ulysses).
- James Best in Corydon: Indiana, USA; actor (Savages, Sounder, Rolling Thunder).
- Ana Maria Matute: Spanish writer.
- Robert Leggett: American politician and attorney, admitted to the California Bar in 1951.
- James Best: TV Actor.
- National Bar Association incorporates
- Philippines government asks US to plebiscite for independence
- American National Bar Association incorporates.
- The National Bar Association incorporates in the United States.
- Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim the English Channel from France to England.
- In New York, the Warner Brothers' Vitaphone system premieres with the movie ''Don Juan'' starring John Barrymore.
- The British miners' union begins negotiations with the government
- A weather map is televised for the first time, sent from NAA Arlington to the Weather Bureau Office in Washington, D.C.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Poor Papa - Whispering Jack Smith
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Gene Austin
- Cherie, I Love You - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra