Monday 26 July 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert L Leggett and Barbara Jefford.
So This Is Paris, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1926 ?
- Robert L Leggett
- Barbara Jefford: Actress (Saint, Reunion, Ulysses).
- James Best in Corydon: Indiana, USA; actor (Savages, Sounder, Rolling Thunder).
- Ana Maria Matute: Spanish writer.
- Robert Leggett: American politician and attorney, admitted to the California Bar in 1951.
- James Best: TV Actor.
- National Bar Association incorporates
- Philippines government asks US to plebiscite for independence
- American National Bar Association incorporates.
- The National Bar Association incorporates in the United States.
- Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim the English Channel from France to England.
- In New York, the Warner Brothers' Vitaphone system premieres with the movie ''Don Juan'' starring John Barrymore.
- The British miners' union begins negotiations with the government
- A weather map is televised for the first time, sent from NAA Arlington to the Weather Bureau Office in Washington, D.C.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Al Jolson
- Valencia - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Tamiami Trail - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?