Saturday 17 July 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edouard Carpentier and Charles Champlin.
Mantrap, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1926 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Edouard Carpentier: French-born professional wrestler.
- Charles Champlin: American film critic and writer.
- Édouard Carpentier: French-Canadian wrestler (d. 2010).
- Willis Carto: American activist and theorist (d. 2015).
- Paavo Nurmi walks world record 4x1500m (16:11.4)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Louis Armstrong - Muskrat Ramble
- Reaching for the Moon - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?