Thursday 22 July 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 22, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karel Reisz and Norman Jewison.
The Bells, directed by James Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 July 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1926 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Norman Jewison: Director.
- Karel Reisz: Director.
- Peter Michael Grayson: Showman.
- Bryan Forbes: English actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Wolfgang Iser: German scholar literary theorist (d. 2007).
- Cin Red Curt Walker ties record of 2 triples in an inning
- 108 degrees F (42 degrees C), Troy, New York (state record).
- 105 degrees F (41 degrees C), Waterbury, Connecticut (state record).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tamiami Trail - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Al Jolson
- Valencia - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra