Monday 12 March 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 12, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Schirra and Kleggie Hermsen.
Friedrich Schiller - Eine Dichterjugend, directed by Curt Goetz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 March 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1923 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Walter Schirra: American astronaut who flew on Mercury 8 in 1962, making six orbits of the Earth; pilot of Gemini 6 in the first outer space rendezvous between two manned vehicles on 12/15/1965; with Gemini 7; and Apollo 7 in 1968, orbiting the Earth 163 times.
- Kleggie Hermsen
- Norbert Brainin: Austrian violinist with the Amadeus Quartet, an outstanding ensemble that was together for 35 years without any personnel changes.
- Hjalmar Andersen: Norway -- 1500, 5K, 10K speed skater (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Mae Young: American professional wrestler.
- Clara Fraser: American activist co-founded Radical Women (d. 1998).
- Mstislav Rostropovich
- Wally Schirra: American captain pilot and astronaut (d. 2007).
- Joseph Weis: Jr.
- Hanne Hiob: German actress and screenwriter (d. 2009).
- Walter M Schirra Jr in Hackensack: New Jersey, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (Mercury 8, Gemini 6, Apollo 7).
- Clarence Hermsen: American athlete, he played pro basketball for six seasons, beginning in 1946.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Crinoline Days
- Sixty Seconds Ev'ry Minute (I Think of You) - Columbians