Sunday 25 March 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 25, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Franklin and Wim Van Est [Locomotief / Pletmolen].
Souls for Sale, directed by Rupert Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1923 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Kenneth Franklin: American scientist, and educator and chief astronomer at Hayden Planetarium in New York City.
- Lee Hale: Tacoma, Washington -- Choral director (The Entertainers).
- Wim Van Est [Locomotief / Pletmolen]: Dutch cyclist.
- Lee Hale in Tacoma: Washington, USA; choral director (The Entertainers).
- Wim Van Est: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Bonnie Guitar: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- British government grants Trans-Jordan autonomy.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When Hearts are Young - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- He Loves It - Eddie Cantor