Wednesday 21 March 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Vigouroux and Philip Abbott in Lincoln.
Souls for Sale, directed by Rupert Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 March 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1923 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Robert Vigouroux
- Philip Abbott in Lincoln: Nebraska, USA; actor (Arthur Ward - The FBI).
- Nirmala Srivastava: Indian spiritual teacher and writer, also known as Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi.
- Mort Lindsey in Newark: New Jersey, USA; orchestra leader (The Merv Griffin Show).
- Louis-Edmond Hamelin: Canadian geographer author and academic.
- Nizar Qabbani: Syrian poet publisher and diplomat (d. 1998).
- Philip Abbott: American actor and director (d. 1998).
- US foreign minister Charles Hughes refuses USSR recognition.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When Hearts are Young - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- He Loves It - Eddie Cantor