Sunday 4 March 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Moore and Ameli .
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1923 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Patrick Moore: British astronomer who has been on TV since the late 1950's.
- Piero D'Inzeo: Italian Olympic show jumping rider.
- Ameli : Duchess of Oldenburg.
- Russell Freeburg: former American newspaper editor (Chicago Tribune)and author.
- Willie Johnson: American guitarist (d. 1995).
- Francis King: English author and poet (d. 2011).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Journey's End - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Carry Me Back to My Carolina Home - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Lovin' Sam (Sheik of Alabam') - Nora Bayes
- You Tell Her - I Stutter - Billy Murray