Tuesday 20 March 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Vertan and Con Martin.
Souls for Sale, directed by Rupert Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1923 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Jacques Vertan: France Actor.
- Con Martin: Irish footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Shaukat Siddiqui: Pakistani author, journalist and political activist (d. 2006).
- Belgian Senate rejects Dutch University in Ghent.
- Bavarian Minister of Interior refuses to forbid National Socialist SA.
- The Arts Club of Chicago hosts the opening of Pablo Picasso's first United States showing, entitled Original Drawings by Pablo Picasso, becoming an early proponent of modern art in the United States.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 March 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sixty Seconds Ev'ry Minute (I Think of You) - Columbians
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Crinoline Days
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?