Friday 13 August 1943US date format: 8/13/1943, UK date format: 13/8/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Foucher and Susan Jameson.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1943 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Jean-Pierre Foucher
- Susan Jameson: Actress (Secret World of Polly Flint).
- Yuri Fedorovich Isaulov: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Gary Ilman: United States -- 100m freestyle (1964 Olympics - 4th Place).
- Fred Hill: American football player.
- Michael Willetts: English sergeant George Cross recipient (d. 1971).
- Gérard Deprez: Belgian politician, the president of the Walloon Christian Social Party (PSC) from 1981 to 1996.
- Red army recaptures Spas-Demensk
- WWII: Rome is declared an open city.