Friday August 13, 1943
US date format: 8/13/1943, UK date format: 13/8/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 13, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Foucher and Yuri Fedorovich Isaulov.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 13, 1943?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- See more
- Red army recaptures Spas-Demensk
- WWII: Rome is declared an open city.