Thursday 13 August 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfredo Varell' and Paul Idier.
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1914 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Alfredo Varell': Italy Actor.
- Paul Idier: La Roche sur Yon Military man.
- Luis Mariano: Spanish actor and singer (d. 1970).
- Carl Wickman begins Greyhound, the 1st US bus line, in Minnesota
- France declares war on Austria-Hungary, leading to WWI
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When It's Night Time Down in Burghandy - George MacFarlane
- Off with the Old Love, On with the New - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell