Tuesday 13 August 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Andruet and Timothy Wood.
Young People, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1940 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Jean-Claude Andruet: Former French rally driver.
- Timothy Wood: British Government Assistant Whip.
- Bill Musselman: American basketball player and coach (d. 2000).
- George C Pearce: Actor (Hold tat Lion, British Agent), dies at 75.
- Germany air attack on South England (Battle of Britain begins)