Thursday 14 March 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John McCallum and Dennis Patrick.
Amarilly of Clothes-Line Alley, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1918 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- John McCallum: Australian theatre and film actor, highly successful in Britain.
- Dennis Patrick: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Dear Dead Delilah, Dallas, Rituals).
- 1st concrete ship to cross the Atlantic (Faith) is launched, San Francisco
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Darktown Strutters' Ball - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
- When Yankee Doodle Learns to Parlez Vous Francais - Arthur Fields
- Liberty Loan March - Sousa's Band
- Smile and Show Your Dimple - Sam Ash
- My Sunshine Jane - Sterling Trio
- The Rainbow of Love - John McCormack
- Shannon Four - Hail! Hail! The Gangs All Here