Monday 13 May 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include T Balasaraswati and John Johnston British diplomat (Rhodesia.
Old Wives for New, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The U.P. Trail by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1918!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1918 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- John Johnston British diplomat (Rhodesia: Malaysia).
- T Balasaraswati: Indian Bharatanatyam dancer (d. 1984).
- Pierre Lorillon: French aviator, a fighter pilot in World War II and one of the last three pilots in the Normandie-Niemen regiment.
- Anne Spoerry: French doctor and aviator, alias 'Mama daktari' (Madame Doctor in Swahili), who died on 2 February 1999 in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Balasaraswati : Indian dancer and instructor (d. 1984).
- Gwyn Howells: Australian public servant (d. 1997).
- 1st US airmail stamps issued (24 cents)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet
- In the Land O Yamo Yamo - Van & Schenck
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?