Tuesday 13 August 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Denis Smallwood and Sid Bernstein.
Shifting Sands, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1918 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Sid Bernstein: Producer.
- Denis Smallwood: British air chief marshal.
- John Bunting: Senior civil servant.
- Jo Tenfjord: Norwegian librarian, children's writer, and translator.
- Frederick Sanger: British biochemist who won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry twice, one of only two people to have done so in the same category (the other is John Bardeen in Physics), the fourth person overall with two Nobel Prizes, and the third person overall with two Nobel Prizes in the sciences.
- Elmer Weingartner: American baseball player, a right-handed shortstop who played twenty games for the Cleveland Indians in 1945.
- Robert DéCout: Valenciennes Journalist.
- Noor Hassanali: Trinidadian lawyer and politician 2nd President of Trinidad and Tobago (d. 2006).
- Women enlist in the United States Marine Corps for the first time. Opha Mae Johnson is the first woman to enlist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Sam Ash
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Harry Fox
- Belgian Rose - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Tiger Rag - Original Dixieland Jazz Band