Sunday 18 March 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include "The Model" Rick Martel [Richard Vignault] and Ingamar Stenmark.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Ikiru, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boomtown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1956 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- "The Model" Rick Martel [Richard Vignault]: Wrestler (WWF / AWA).
- Ingamar Stenmark: Sweden -- Slalom (1980 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Deborah Jeane Palfrey: American escort agency operator (d. 2008).
- Rick Martel: Canadian wrestler.
- Deborah Palfrey: American madam (d. 2008).
- Ingemar Stenmark: Swedish skier
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 March 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?