Monday 14 February 1921, Valentine's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 14, 1921). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Downs and Doreen Millard.
Paths of Glory, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1921!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1921 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Hugh Downs: American TV personality, a broadcaster from 1943 at a small radio station in Lima, Ohio, near a farm where he grew up.
- Doreen Millard
- Piet Kraak: Dutch soccer player.
- Albert Sloman: Vice-Chancellor (Essex University).
- Hazel McCallion: Canadian ice hockey player and politician 3rd Mayor of Mississauga.
- Canadian 5-cent nickel coin is authorized.
- Little Review faces obscenity charges for publishing "Ulysses", New York.