Wednesday 26 August 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julio Cortázar and René Tavernier.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Salamander by Owen Johnson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1914 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Julio Cortázar: Argentinian novelist, short story writer, translator and essayist.
- René Tavernier: Belgian geologist, born in Nevele.
- Albert Plecy: Wormhout EXecutives.
- Fazıl Dağlarca: Turkish soldier and poet (d. 2008).
- World War I: the British Expeditionary Force fights a rear-guard action at the Battle of Le Cateau that briefly checks the German advance.
- Founding date of the Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Love's Melody
- Fourth of July at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?