Sunday April 14, 1940
US date format: 4/14/1940, UK date format: 14/4/1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 14, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Neville Chamberlain (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include David Hope and Patricia Bruder in Brooklyn.
Two Girls on Broadway, directed by S. Sylvan Simon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 14, 1940?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- See more
- Allied troops land in Norway
- RCA demonstrated its new electron microscope in Philadelphia
- World War II: Royal Marines land in Namsos, Norway in preparation for a larger force to arrive two days later.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial